Thursday, August 6, 2009

Now i admit i'm a telephonobia...

first of all, dear all my friends who i ever not-picking-up your phone call or did not reply ur messages,and also for my lame excuses.. i'm truly sorry..
the truth is....i'm a telephonobia (feared of telephone) i've just discovered last week (lame)..i've known it since like forever...(that's not me in the pic)..
it started since 2005,i guessed emy still remember that night i've picked phone from home said my father passed away..i lost my mind that time..i'm not ready..i can't accept it..i just blank..before the incident i always love handphones...i really do...
after that i start to ignore any phone calls and there's some messages that i ignore..sorry guys..i know i may be selfish..there's time when u lost hope in this world and i've ever been in the state..i also know that i hv lost several friends because of that..but i don't care anymore..i didn't even take initiative to contact them back even when i have time..i'm just a BAD friend..i really do..
i just want all my friends to know that you guys are always in my heart..SORRY for not being me anymore..in fact i hv lose the real me..daaaa.....

here's some infos on telephonophobia..anyone????hehe
1. A person had a very unpleasant experience with the phone in the past - this is the most obvious way for a phobia to develop. However, it did not apply in my case. When I was a little kid, we had no phone at all, and we only got one at home after I started college. I did not have my personal phone line until about 3 years ago (isn't that exciting to know? :)), but I already had a phobia before that.

2. Telephonophobia as a result of a case of phonophobia. Phonophobia is a phobia of sounds in general. It is possible that a person had an unpleasant experience with some kind of sudden sounds in the past (and, as a matter of fact, it does not even have to be a recurring experience - even one especially unpleasant experience can lead to phobia development). Later this feeling can transfer to other sounds (like phone ring in case of telephonophobia). This is the way our brain works, unfortunately. Once a phone ring is associated with uncomfortable feelings, another round of associations kicks in, and a fear of anything related to telephones develops. This is the most likely scenario that took place in my case.

The morals of the story is that in order to treat the telephonophobia one need to find out what the initial stimulus was, that is, what sound(s) was (were) so unpleasant as to initiate the phobias chain reaction. This is complicated with the fact that once you focus on the final result (telephonophobia), your brain may even forget what caused it, and, what's even more interesting, you might not even have a negative reaction to initial stimulus that was the main cause your phobia developed! And at this point of time, I have no idea what an initial stimulus could have been...

2 comments:

  1. meera aku takut hp sebab:
    -aku x mok maca msg org srh trn discussion, taklimat or etc...
    -ada org mok jumpa psl bnda remeh..
    -ada org yg ku x mok trimak callnya akn call or msg aku..

    privasi k drkpun mkn krng bla da hp (ngakuk jak drkpun malas).. huhu..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...welkem to the klab staind..kita serupa..hehe

    ReplyDelete

'Crying was an acceptable outlet, even if it made you feel raw and empty inside, it was still better than that build up of resentment that grew from not letting your emotions out.' -Dorothy Koomson for My Bestfriend's Girl-