Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mommy

As I sat watching by your bed,
A million thought ran through my head.
Of just how much were you aware?
Did you know that I was there?

Could you feel the love I sent,
In whispered word, Or prayer?
Upon my prayer, as I asked God,
To spare your life for my selfish cause?

So that I could tell you just once more,
"I love you Mommy! " as I had before.
And we could chat like days of old,
Over coffee cups all rimmed with gold.

And laugh and joke, or just to share
some small hurt and perhaps a tear.
To talk of the past, or things yet to do.
To sniffle, and sneeze, and say "Bless You! "

All these dreams now hang in shreds,
As I sit here with bowed down head.
And ponder on these sad thoughts.
Just to wonder, "Was it all for naught? "




The things I really wanted to forget were absolutely unforgettable

1 comment:

'Crying was an acceptable outlet, even if it made you feel raw and empty inside, it was still better than that build up of resentment that grew from not letting your emotions out.' -Dorothy Koomson for My Bestfriend's Girl-