Sunday, October 19, 2008

19/10/08


Hepi Birthday....

How many of us in the world got a chance to properly said goodbye??
Though u r no longer here, i still want to wish u hepi bedday...


This is for u..
This is that final goodbye that the soul is missing.



GOODBYE AT LAST


Growing up u were always there

Each and every day showing me that u cared.

Spoiling me every chance that u had.

Letting me know that is okay to be sad.

After school, you checked on us day after day,

Listening to every word we had to say.

Eighteen years I kept u in my sight.

Now all I can do is hold the memories tight.

The day ur soul drifted high

My heart knew, and all I could do was cry.

I have spent three years trying to put it in my past

And now in college I have come to peace with it at last.

A part of my heart left with u.

The part that told me what to do.

Once at college, I became confused and lost.

I went to pray where Allah I sought.

HE told me something I did not know.

I have your hand on my shoulder telling me where to go.

I once thought the part of me that went with u,

Was lost forever and would not be put to good use.

I now realize that I never lost part of my soul.

I simply shared it with u to keep us whole.

Saying goodbye is never easy

It's the hardest thing to do

But what hurts even more

Is not given the chance to say it to you.

Yesterday is just a memory

Our laughter was sunny and bright

Then clouds started to gather

For you were no where in sight.

You were my love

And this I will never forget

How you left without a warning

No good-byes, my only regret.

Wherever I may be now

Always searching for another so true

To place my world of emotion

Handing my love to someone like you.

No matter what my wrongs

You offered only love

Until the day you left me

For your new home up above.

All I have now is great memories,

A heartfull of love and eyes full of tears,

And to remember your love throughout the years.

Now I will have to look up at the stars and say,

"I love u, I miss u! Happy Birthday Dad!"

This is given to you in honor

Of all that we did share

I know you still are with me

Your love is within my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Crying was an acceptable outlet, even if it made you feel raw and empty inside, it was still better than that build up of resentment that grew from not letting your emotions out.' -Dorothy Koomson for My Bestfriend's Girl-