Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wall within me...

I see the stars each night
I know I will be great
I feel people's pain and passion.
But why can't I help me?

I'm around people
My mind is blurred as the surface of the ocean
I talk, I laugh but I'm gone
With the winds with no direction.
But why can't I help me?

There isn't love or trust
I can willingly give back
I've been offered gold and diamonds
But I seem very unhappy.
Why can't I help me?

Life could be crude
Life could be adventurous
Life could mean "live"
But why can't I help myself?

I am shelter when others feel pain
I am comforting when approached
I am loved by the world.
Why can't I love myself?
Why can't I feel other people's joy?

Some might call me selfish
Some might call me stupid
But if only they could feel my pain
If only they understood.
I never wished to be sad
No one would.

But that is what I'm going through
I know things would get better
I would feel like a baby again,
I would watch the sunrise
With someone I might fall in love.
But till then,Why can't I help myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

'Crying was an acceptable outlet, even if it made you feel raw and empty inside, it was still better than that build up of resentment that grew from not letting your emotions out.' -Dorothy Koomson for My Bestfriend's Girl-